Orchid plant care
Our orchid plants are shipped in bud form so that they will bloom upon arrival. Keep your orchid plant indoors exposed to indirect sunlight, in moderate conditions (65-75 degrees). Water twice a week and let dry between watering. Orchids thrive in humid conditions, misting your plant in the morning is recommended. Fertilize on a regular basis during the active growing period. Apply a balanced 10-10-10 or 12-12-12 or similar ratio fertilizer once a week at one quarter to one half of the dilution recommended on the container.
Orchid Lei Care
There is something special about giving or receiving a fresh handmade Hawaiian orchid lei. All of our leis are made the day that we ship them. For the longest life and freshest appearance of your lei, immediately upon arrival, spray or mist the orchids with lukewarm water. Place in a plastic bag and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Maile Lei Care
Maile leis are traditionally worn at weddings, graduations or when someone is being honored. Do not mist your Maile lei. Simply bag it and keep it in the refrigerator.
Tropical flower careTropical Flower Care
Your tropical flower bouquet will last longer with proper care.
To properly care for your flowers:
- Unpack flowers immediately upon arrival.
- Remove 1 inch from the bottom of the stem.
- Place flowers in a clean vase with clean fresh water. Make sure that proper water levels are maintained. You may add some lemon-lime soda to the water. This contains a satisfactory substitute for preservatives.
- If flowers appear limp, soak entire flower and stem in room temperature water for 15 minutes.
- All flowers should be kept away from extreme temperatures and sunlight.
- Mist flowers occasionally to replenish water loss due to evaporation.
- Cut stems and change water frequently.